Wednesday 6 July 2011

influenced??

I just finished my latest henna tattoo on my hand and it got me thinking about how the clothes and accessories in my wardrobe (and yours) are influenced or have taken inspiration from another culture with out us even knowing. Looking around my room i have some bangles that could pass for indian but i got them from Boots of all places. some scarfs on my door could have been inspired by Egyptian silks. In my wardrobe some printed tees ,american?. The list can go on and on and on. yet i can't say many of other cultures, say for instance Indian clothing is influenced by the British culture it just doesn't happen or if it does its hard to tell. But what exactly is the true british culture? its not so obvious is it , I mean i'm british through and through yet don't truly know what it is, so how can any other culture take inspiration from something we don't even know ourselves. ill post when i find the true british culture of the 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment